Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Will Bill O'Reilly Quit?


Bill O'Reilly threatened to quit his show if President Obama raised his taxes.
Speaking on his Monday show, O'Reilly delivered a stinging rebuttal to Obama's speech from earlier in the day. In that speech, Obama introduced his so-called "Buffett Rule" and said that the rich should pay more in taxes. This did not sit well with O'Reilly, who accused Obama of using misleading statistics and of endangering the business climate.
He used himself as an example, saying that he could not ensure his continued tenure on Fox News if his taxes were raised to 50 percent.
"My corporations employ scores of people," he said. "They depend on me to do what I do so they can make a nice salary. If Barack Obama begins taxing me more than 50 percent, which is very possible, I don't know how much longer I'm going to do this. I like my job, but there comes a point when taxation becomes oppressive. Is the country really entitled to half a person's income?"
Of course, if O'Reilly were to leave his show, he might cease to become someone with, in his words, "more power than anybody other than the president." and if he were to only make 50% of his salary it just wouldn't be worth it to him for $8,000,000.00.  Bill O the Clown at his finest.
WATCH:

No comments:

Post a Comment